Divorce is complicated, both emotionally and legally, and if you are entering the divorce process, you need an experienced legal team on your side. For years, the legal team here at Ilkhanoff & Silverstein has worked to help divorcing couples in Lancaster and throughout the state of Pennsylvania, and we can help you, too. No matter where you are in the process, you can count on us to provide you with the experienced legal counsel you deserve in your time of need. Please continue reading and contact Ilkhanoff & Silverstein to learn more about what a Lancaster divorce lawyer at our firm can do for you.
Our Legal Services:
Our firm offers assistance through a wide array of family law services, including the following:
- Uncontested Divorce: Oftentimes, when a couple gets a divorce, they cannot agree on its terms, thereby making it a contested divorce. However, in other cases, couples can agree on the terms of their divorce, in which case they will be in what is known as an uncontested divorce. Generally, this process is far easier on all parties involved, however, it is still critical that you retain the services of an experienced Lancaster divorce attorney who can ensure that the process moves along as smoothly as possible.
- High Net Worth Divorce: When spouses have assets worth $1 million or more, they are in what is known as a high net worth divorce. These divorces are often far more complicated than standard divorces, as they frequently involve complex assets, multiple properties, and more. This frequently leads to the involvement of third parties, such as forensic accountants. With so much at stake, it is critical that you hire a knowledgeable attorney who can fight for what is rightfully yours.
- Property Division: When a couple is in a contested divorce, their marital assets are very often subjected to equitable distribution. Essentially, most property accumulated during the course of a marriage is considered marital property. That being said, the phrase “equitable” seldom means “equal.” Instead, it means that the court will conduct what is, in its eyes, a fair and just distribution of your marital assets. In many cases, spouses feel as though the court’s determination was unfair, so you must hire an attorney who is ready to do everything in his or her power to shield your assets from the equitable distribution process.
- Spousal Support/Alimony: Alimony is often among the most hotly-contested divorce-related issues. If you are the financially dependent spouse in your marriage and you believe that you are entitled to spousal support payments to help you maintain your standard of living after your divorce, you need a Lancaster divorce attorney who can fight on your behalf.
- Mediation: In many cases, spouses would prefer not to enter litigation and instead choose mediation. Our Lancaster divorce mediators can work to ensure that you receive an amicable divorce agreement that you both can walk away satisfied with.
- Child Custody: When parents divorce, child custody is often the most important issue on the table. Our firm can help you work out a child custody agreement that works in your child’s best interests.
- Child Support: If you receive child custody, though you were the financially dependent spouse in your marriage, you are most likely now seeking child support payments to help uphold your child’s standard of living. Our Lancaster divorce lawyer can help ensure your child is financially taken care of.
- Visitation: When a parent is denied custody of his or her child for whatever reason, he or she will oftentimes still have visitation rights, allowing that parent to remain a part of his or her child’s life until he or she is better fit to take on more of a full-time role.
- Domestic Violence: Nobody should feel afraid in their own home, though this is an unfortunate reality for many spouses and domestic partners throughout the state of Pennsylvania. If you are a victim of domestic violence, our firm is ready to help you get to safety today.
- Adoption: Adopting a child is among the most selfless acts any individual can take. Our firm has helped countless parents through the adoption process, and we would be honored to do the same for you.
- Grandparents’ Rights: Oftentimes, grandparents play a significant role in their grandchild’s life. For this reason, grandparents often have visitation rights so they can continue to be a part of their grandchild’s life even after that child’s parents get divorced. Our firm can help preserve those rights.
Contact an Experienced Lancaster Divorce Lawyer
There are few things more stressful than the divorce process, which is why for years, our knowledgeable Lancaster divorce lawyers have dedicated our practice to helping individuals through every step of the way. If you are getting a divorce, please do not hesitate to contact Ilkhanoff & Silverstein to schedule your initial consultation with a Lancaster divorce lawyer at our firm today. We are ready to help you.