A man with a bandaged leg sits on a gray couch, holding crutches as he strains to stand up in a bright living room. Shelves with decor are visible in the background, hinting at the challenges he's faced and perhaps prompting him to seek advice from a personal injury attorney.

Personal Injury FAQ

If you’ve been injured or someone you love has lost his or her life or suffered serious injury because of another’s conduct, you may have a number of questions. Our legal team is happy to address your concerns when you call for a free, confidential consultation, and we have also included some frequently asked questions below for your convenience. Please read our Personal Injury Law FAQ contact our firm to discuss your legal matter.

Personal Injury Law FAQ

What is negligence?

Negligence can be described as acting without proper or reasonable care in the circumstances, leading to the injury (physical or emotional in nature) of another. For example, a restaurant manager may be informed of a leak in the bathroom that has left the floor wet. If he did not act quickly and either put up a sign or clean up the water, and a customer slipped and fell and was injured as a result, this may be considered negligence and may offer the injured customer grounds to file a premises liability claim against the restaurant manager.

When should I contact an attorney?

We recommend contacting an attorney as soon as possible after any type of accident or injury that was caused by another person’s conduct. With a York personal injury attorney to answer your questions and advise you of your rights while their resources are employed to thoroughly investigate the matter, you can take action to seek the fair compensation you deserve.

What is my case worth?

The value of every case our firm takes on will vary depending on a number of key factors. The extent of an injury is typically the most influential factor in determining the worth of an injury claim. Usually, the more serious the injury, the more a claim may be worth. An injured party may be able to receive money for medical bills, including future medical treatment as needed, lost earnings, future loss of wages, property damage and even emotional damage.

How can a lawyer help me deal with the insurance company?

Insurance companies are unfortunately notorious for being difficult. They often offer the lowest possible settlements and some unscrupulous insurance providers may even delay payment, deny a valid claim or otherwise act in bad faith toward a claimant, beneficiary or policyholder. An experienced lawyer can help you deal with the insurance company or companies involved in your claim, putting pressure on them as needed to seek a fair settlement. If they act illegally, your lawyer will be ready to take them to court.

If I lost a loved one, is there legal action I can take against the responsible person/company?

If you lost a family member or other close loved one in an accident or other situation that was someone else’s fault, you may be able to file a wrongful death claim against the responsible party. In Pennsylvania, a personal representative of the estate has 6 months to take legal action. If he or she fails to do so, any other beneficiary can do so. The statute of limitations provides 2 years to take action. If nothing is brought, the parties may be barred from recovering any compensation. An attorney at our York personal injury law firm can assist you in seeking justice on your loved one’s behalf while seeking the financial damages that can help you with funeral costs, medical expenses and loss of income if you relied upon your loved one to provide for you and your family.

What are some of the main causes of car accidents?

Car accidents have a number of potential causes, and the most common are related to negligent or wrongful conduct on the part of a driver. Speeding, driving drunk and driving while distracted are some of the leading types of driver conduct that lead to motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, pedestrian accidents and all other types of motor vehicle collisions in York and throughout Pennsylvania.

Contact Us Today

Website Designed & Managed by