If you and your spouse are divorcing, contact a skilled Pennsylvania divorce attorney at Ilkhanoff & Silverstein for mediation assistance. A capable lawyer can help you work out agreements regarding asset distribution, spousal support, child custody, child support, and visitation. Executing agreements with your spouse prior to your divorce hearing can save you considerable time and money. The court always prefers that couples create their own divorce agreements whenever possible.
Even when a divorce is amicable, a mediation lawyer is often needed to help resolve any last minute conflicts or disagreements. Attorneys at Ilkhanoff & Silverstein are proven negotiators that will work to achieve the best possible settlement for both you and your spouse.
Our attorneys are former directors of the family law section of the York County Bar Association. We are committed to providing professional and ethical legal services to our clients. We understand the emotional trauma of a divorce and family law matters. Our firm will provide seasoned advice regarding your settlement, and whatever mediation assistance is needed to work out any divorce-related issues. Contact Ilkhanoff & Silverstein for a consultation to discuss how we can help you through the process of mediation.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania Divorce Mediation
When a couple divorces, there are often many issues that will need to be resolved, including:
- How assets will be divided
- Whether or not spousal support will be paid
- Who will be the primary custodian of any minor children
- How much child support will be paid
- The visitation schedule of the non-custodial parent
During divorce mediation, we can review your finances and collect additional data to help facilitate the formation of agreements in any needed areas. Once the agreements have been worked out, we will prepare and submit the documents that will be needed by the court.
Lancaster Child Custody Mediation
When parents are forced to address the matter of child custody as they get divorced, one of the ways that they choose to do so is through child custody mediation. Child custody is a sensitive and emotional topic for the entire family. When your family is faced with the difficult matter of child custody, you need a mediator that can help you make decisions about parenting time in the best interests of the child. At Ilkhanoff & Silverstein, we are proud to help clients through the mediation process. Child custody mediation helps parents forge new, cooperative relationships that can be invaluable for future parenting. In addition, modeling healthy, constructive dispute resolution is a good lesson for the children. Don’t let a judge decide such an important, impactful decision. Contact Ilkhanoff & Silverstein today for quality representation when it matters most.
The Benefits of Mediation
Many have turned to mediation because of the benefits it provides successful participants.
- Confidential: The process of mediation is confidential unless agreed to. This allows for an open discussion about important factors
- Voluntary: When people choose this process, they are willing participants who will more often work towards an amicable resolution
- Neutral: A mediator takes no sides. The goal is to facilitate constructive negotiations that benefit both parties
- Efficiency: One of the most lauded benefits of mediation is the time and money saved
- Collaborative: Working together for a mutually-beneficial conclusion is in everyone’s best interests, especially positive for parents who need to forge a new parenting relationship.
Contact Our Firm Serving York & Lancaster County
When the future of a family is at stake, it is important to have an attorney who is on your side and is dedicated to fighting on your behalf. Ilkhanoff & Silverstein understands how challenging this time can be for the entire family and is committed to guiding you through the mediation process to help achieve the desired outcome. Contact our firm today.