If you would like to learn more about legal options after department store accidents, look no further. At Ilkhanoff & Silverstein, our York County, PA premises liability attorneys are equipped with the knowledge and experience required to fight for the compensation you need.
What are the common causes of department store accidents in Pennsylvania?
In many cases, department store accidents are a result of storeowner and/or employee negligence. The state of Pennsylvania holds store owners and their employees accountable for ensuring that their premises are kept safe for their shoppers at all times. By failing to do so, serious accidents can occur. Some of the most typical instances of store owner/employee negligence include the following:
- Poorly placed floor mats
- Liquids on bathroom floors
- Falling merchandise from shelves
- Spills left uncleaned
- Defective escalators, elevators, or other equipment used in the store
- Poorly lit parking lots
- Lack of security
If you or a loved one were injured in a department store accident, do not wait to reach out to our firm today to discuss the details of your case and your options. We are just one call away.
What steps should I take after a department store accident?
If you were hurt in a departments store accident as a result of another party’s negligence, you may be entitled to financial compensation. In order to recover damages for your injuries, you will need to satisfy the burden of proof. This means that you will need to provide evidence pointing to the fact that your injuries would not have occurred without the negligence of another. Be sure to take the following steps after your accident, if you are able:
- Call 911. This will allow the police to dispatch an ambulance, file an accident report, and more.
- Be sure to take photos and videos at the scene of the accident. If possible, document the hazardous conditions that caused your accident to occur.
- Seek medical attention. This will ensure that your injuries are treated by a medical professional, but, it will also provide you with proof of the origin and extent of your injuries.
- Retain the services of a skilled York County, PA premises liability attorney to obtain the guidance you need to successfully navigate through your claim.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED PENNSYLVANIA FIRM
We understand that going through the legal system alone can be both confusing and highly stressful. That is why it is our job to help you through every step of the process ahead. For years, we have been helping clients throughout Lancaster County and its surrounding areas through a wide range of legal matters, including personal injury cases, criminal defense matters, family law issues, estate planning law matters, and more. If you need legal assistance, we are here to help. Contact Ilkhanoff & Silverstein today.