Fireworks can be beautiful, but they can also be extremely dangerous. If you do not take safety measures, serious injuries can occur. Before the 4th of July, read on to learn more about firework accidents and some of the most important safety precautions to keep in mind.
Firework Safety Tips
If you plan on setting off fireworks this fourth of July, there are several precautions you must take before, during, and after the firework festivities. Some of these safety precautions are as follows:
- Do not light off fireworks if they are illegal in your area.
- Always leave responsible adults in charge of fireworks, never children.
- Keep your pets inside, as they very often run away or act abnormally when exposed to the loud sounds and bright lights of fireworks.
- Always have a water source, such as a garden hose nearby. It is also a good idea to have a fire extinguisher at the ready as well.
- Put protective glasses on when lighting fireworks.
- If a firework does not combust initially, do not try and relight it. This can, and often does, result in serious injury.
- Before lighting off fireworks, ensure you tell everyone to stand back and that they are a safe distance away.
- Once you have used the fireworks, ensure you douse them with cool water before throwing them into the garbage to prevent a fire.
What is the Statute of Limitations in Pennsylvania?
If a property owner does not take the above precautions and an individual is injured as a result, this individual may be able to recover compensation. In order to recover compensation, it is important to your claim file in time. This is because of a deadline known as the statute of limitations. In Pennsylvania, the statute of limitations is generally two years from the date of the accident. Failing to file within two years will likely mean losing the opportunity to recover compensation.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident due to the negligence of another party, our firm is here to help. Reach out today to discuss your case with an experienced attorney.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED PENNSYLVANIA FIRM
We understand that going through the legal system alone can be both confusing and highly stressful. That is why it is our job to help you through every step of the process ahead. For years, we have been helping clients throughout Lancaster County and its surrounding areas through a wide range of legal matters, including personal injury cases, criminal defense matters, family law issues, estate planning law matters, and more. If you need legal assistance, we are here to help. Contact Ilkhanoff & Silverstein today.