New Year’s Eve is unfortunately known to be the night of many DWI charges. Do not let this be you. If you are charged, you will need to retain the services of one of our experienced York County, PA DWI attorneys. Our legal team is dedicated to ensuring that you and your future are protected.
What are the penalties of a New Year’s Eve DWI offense in Pennsylvania?
Pennsylvania takes DWI charges very seriously. That is why if you have been charged for the first time this New Year’s Eve, you can anticipate strict life-changing penalties. A first offense DWI conviction is deemed a Misdemeanor offense and will typically result in the following consequences:
- Imprisonment up to 6 months
- Fines of up to $5,000 plus any associated court costs
- Attendance of Pennsylvania Alcohol Safety School
- CRN evaluation
- License suspension of up to 12 months
It is in our best interest to contact our skilled Pennsylvania criminal defense attorneys if you have been charged. Our legal team is committed to protecting you and your rights.
What will happen if I receive a second offense DWI in Pennsylvania?
Predictably, the results of a second DWI offense in Pennsylvania will be more serious. You should anticipate the following consequences:
- Jail time up to 5 years
- Fines of up to $10,000 plus court fees
- Must attend Pennsylvania Alcohol Safety School
- CRN evaluation by the court
- Minimum of 1 year of ignition interlock installation
- License suspension of up to 18 months
Will I go to jail for a third or subsequent DWI charge in Pennsylvania?
If you do not have an experienced Pennsylvania criminal defense attorney on your side for your third or subsequent DWI offense, you may face the following consequences:
- Minimum of 10 days in jail, maximum of 5 years in jail
- Fines up to $10,000 plus court fees
- Attendance of the Pennsylvania Alcohol Safety School
- CRN evaluation
- Minimum of a 1-year ignition interlock device install
- License suspension of 18 months and a license reinstatement fee
Reach out to our firm today to learn more about your options if you have been charged with a DWI offense. Our legal team will work tirelessly to ensure that you have the defense you need to combat your charges. Our skilled York County, PA DWI attorneys are on your side.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED PENNSYLVANIA FIRM
We understand that going through the legal system alone can be both confusing and highly stressful. That is why it is our job to help you through every step of the process ahead. For years, we have been helping clients throughout Lancaster County and its surrounding areas through a wide range of legal matters, including personal injury cases, criminal defense matters, family law issues, estate planning law matters, and more. If you need legal assistance, we are here to help. Contact Ilkhanoff & Silverstein today.