Motorcycle accidents can cause severe damage. That is why it is critical that you retain the services of an experienced Pennsylvania personal injury attorney to help you through the claims process and aid in obtaining the compensation you deserve.
How do motorcycle accidents occur in Pennsylvania?
In Pennsylvania, motorcycle accidents can occur in several different ways. Sometimes they are a result of inclement weather conditions, poorly maintained roads, or faulty mechanical parts. However, more commonly, motorcycle accidents are the result of driver negligence. Some of the most common types of driver negligence include the following:
- Ignoring blind spots
- Driving while sleepy or fatigued
- Unsafely changing lanes
- Disregarding traffic lights, signs, or all other rules and regulations of the road
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Is a motorcyclist covered under no-fault insurance in Pennsylvania?
Unfortunately for bikers, motorcycles are rarely covered by no-fault insurance covers motorcycles. This means, unlike a car accident, your policy will often not cover medical bills and lost wages after an accident. Therefore, if you are not covered, you will be liable for your own medical expenses, except if you have your own health insurance or are able to collect damages from the person that is responsible for your accident.
Do not wait to retain the services of an accomplished personal injury attorney to ensure that you obtain the compensation you deserve.
How can I recover compensation after a motorcycle accident?
You will need to meet the burden of proof if you were injured in a motorcycle accident and would like to recover financial compensation. This suggests that you will need to provide as much evidence as possible in order to bolster your claim. Be sure to take the following steps immediately after your accident, if you are able:
- Call 911. The police will be able to dispatch an ambulance to the scene, file an accident report, and more.
- Take photos and videos of the scene of the accident. In some instances, motorcyclists can wear bodycams so that they have the footage in the event that an accident occurs.
- Seek medical attention and ensure that your injuries are properly treated. Ask your doctor for a copy of any relevant medical documents pointing to the severity and origin of your injuries.
- Reach out to an experienced Pennsylvania personal injury attorney that can help you obtain more evidence that can be a key component to your case.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED PENNSYLVANIA FIRM
We understand that going through the legal system alone can be both confusing and highly stressful. That is why it is our job to help you through every step of the process ahead. For years, we have been helping clients throughout Lancaster County and its surrounding areas through a wide range of legal matters, including personal injury cases, criminal defense matters, family law issues, estate planning law matters, and more. If you need legal assistance, we are here to help. Contact Ilkhanoff & Silverstein today.