Construction site with two workers wearing hard hats and safety vests. One worker operates a table saw, cutting a wooden plank, while the other stands nearby. The site is scattered with construction materials, including wooden boards and metal scaffolding—essential precautions to avoid being injured in a construction accident.

Construction workers across the country are among the most undervalued members of our society, despite being responsible for building it from the ground up. Construction comes with risks, and though rules are in place to minimize that risk, accidents still occur, usually at the hands of a negligent party that is oftentimes not the workers themselves. If you are someone who has recently been injured in a construction accident, you must read on and reach out to our experienced Pennsylvania personal injury attorneys to learn more about how we can help you through the claims process ahead. Here are some of the questions you may have:

What should I do after sustaining an injury on the job?

After sustaining a workplace injury, there are several things you can do (as long as you are physically capable) to boost your chances of winning a future personal injury claim. Those steps are as follows:

  1. First, you should notify your supervisor of the accident. He or she should call the police, who will send an ambulance.
  2. Next, take pictures of the unsafe condition or defective product that caused your injuries before someone tries to clear those hazards away.
  3. From here, ask anyone who witnessed your accident for their name, phone number, and email.
  4. Once you are treated in a hospital, ensure you receive any and all medical documentation relating to the origin and extent of your injuries, including how they may prevent you from returning to work.
  5. Hire an experienced Pennsylvania personal injury attorney who can subpoena all additional evidence, if necessary, to prove your claim. For instance, our firm can work to obtain security camera footage of your accident as it happened.

Do I have to sue my employer if I am injured on the job?

If you are someone who has been injured on the job, you are most likely wondering how you may receive the compensation you need to heal. Fortunately, our firm can help you file what is known as a third-party claim. By doing so, you will not have to sue your employer, and may instead sue a third party, such as a negligent product designer or manufacturer, general contractors, or property owners. This helps you recover the compensation you need without having to risk losing your job by suing your employer.

Contact our experienced Pennsylvania firm

We understand that going through the legal system alone can be both confusing and highly stressful. That is why it is our job to help you through every step of the process ahead. For years, we have been helping clients throughout Lancaster County and its surrounding areas through a wide range of legal matters, including personal injury cases, criminal defense matters, family law issues, estate planning law matters, and more. If you need legal assistance, we are here to help. Contact Ilkhanoff & Silverstein today.