Call Today 717.563.0681
Experienced Family Law Attorneys Contact Our Firm to Uphold Your Grandparents' Rights

York Grandparents' Rights Lawyer

The Grandparent Visitation Act

When parents divorce, grandparents may prevent from visiting the children. Under state law, grandparents can seek partial custody or visitation rights following a divorce, as well as when parent has died, the parents have been separated for six months or longer, or the child resided with the grandparents for 12 months or more before being taken away by the parents.

Partial custody allows a grandparent to visit with a child without the parent's supervision. This can include taking possession of the child for a designated period of time, such as a weekend.

These rights are granted based on several factors, including:

  • The child's prior relationship with his or her grandparents
  • If it is in the best interests of the child
  • If the visitation would interfere with parent and child relationships

If a grandparent receives visitation rights only, he or she can only visit with the child under the parent's supervision. Visitation rights are also granted based on what the court believes is in the best interests of the child. If you are a grandparent seeking visitation rights or partial custody of a child, consult a York divorce lawyer to find out about the petition process, and to discuss your legal options.

Grandparents' Rights Attorney in York: Seeking Access to Grandchildren

Ilkhanoff & Silverstein is skilled family law firm that can provide effective legal counsel regarding your child visitation and custody rights. We have over four decades of litigation experience, and give you valuable feedback regarding preparing and filing a petition. Our attorneys can explain the possible outcomes to your case, and what you can expect at the hearing.

We provide professional and caring representation, and will provide whatever legal assistance is needed when seeking the right to visit with your grandchildren. Even if you are located in Lancaster or a surrounding area, our firm is available to help.

Contact a York grandparents' rights lawyer from our firm to learn how to file a petition for visitation or partial custody of your grandchildren.

Client Testimonials

  • “Thank you for treating my family like your own. Like I have said, I cannot thank you all enough.”


  • “We moved to Pennsylvania to be close to family and decided to try the second-parent adoption process again. We chose Ilkhanoff & Silverstein to take our case. We met the team and decided to take a chance. We were not disappointed!”


  • “No matter what the outcome, we know that you presented the case with intelligence and the utmost professionalism.”

    Former Client

  • “Bernard and his staff during communications were very respectful and upfront. Any further legal business in which Bernard could handle for myself will be dealt through him and any lawyer recommendations sent to him.”

    Former Client

  • “Not only are you a great lawyer, but you are a tenacious, compassionate person. You really are my “lawyer for life”.”


Contact Us Today

All Consultations Are Free and Confidential
  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.