If you have been injured in a supermarket accident, you may be entitled to recover compensation. An injury can cause pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, lost wages, medical expenses, and more. You may deserve compensation for the physical, emotional, and financial burdens you face as a result of your accident. Read on to learn more about supermarket accidents in Pennsylvania.
How do Supermarket Accidents Occur?
Unfortunately, there are countless ways for an accident to occur in a supermarket. That being said, the majority of accidents are caused by:
- Poorly positioned floor mats
- Inadequate lighting
- Falling debris
- Unstable displays
- Broken shopping carts
- Spoiled food
- Aisle obstructions
- Inadequate security
- Potholes in parking lots
What are the Most Common Injured Sustained in a Supermarket?
Often, supermarket accidents are a result of slipping and falling. As such, the most common injuries include:
- Head wounds
- Fractured arms
- Cracked pelvis
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Cuts and bruises
- Fractured legs
- Fractured skulls
Can I Recover Compensation for a Supermarket Accident?
As stated previously, if you have been injured in a supermarket accident, you may be entitled to recover compensation. But, in order to recover the compensation you deserve, you will need to prove that your accident was a result of negligence on the part of the supermarket manager/employees. In order to do this, you should:
- Notify the manager: This will allow the manager to file an accident report. If possible, obtain the manager’s name and a copy of the report.
- Call 911: The police can send an ambulance, file an accident report, interview witnesses, and more.
- Document the scene: Take pictures and videos of the hazardous conditions that caused your accident to occur.
- Obtain witness contacts: If anyone saw your accident occur, they may be able to corroborate your version of events when it comes to your personal injury case. Ask for their name and contact information.
- Seek medical attention: Going to the hospital will provide you with important proof of the origin and extent of your injuries.
If you have been injured in a supermarket accident in Pennsylvania, our firm is here to help. Reach out today to speak with an experienced and dedicated attorney.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED PENNSYLVANIA FIRM
We understand that going through the legal system alone can be both confusing and highly stressful. That is why it is our job to help you through every step of the process ahead. For years, we have been helping clients throughout Lancaster County and its surrounding areas through a wide range of legal matters, including personal injury cases, criminal defense matters, family law issues, estate planning law matters, and more. If you need legal assistance, we are here to help. Contact Ilkhanoff & Silverstein today.