Do not get behind the wheel after drinking this Thanksgiving weekend. If you do, you will need to understand the consequences of these actions and ensure that you have a skilled Pennsylvania criminal defense attorney to help you with this DWI charge. Our dedicated legal team is here for you and will fight on your behalf.
What are the consequences of a Thanksgiving weekend first DWI offense in Pennsylvania?
The state of Pennsylvania does not take DWI charges lightly. That is why if you have been charged for the first time this Thanksgiving weekend, you can expect severe life-changing consequences. A first offense DUI conviction is considered a Misdemeanor offense and will result in the following consequences:
- Imprisonment up to 6 months
- Fines of up to $5,000 plus any associated court costs
- Attendance of Pennsylvania Alcohol Safety School
- CRN evaluation
- License suspension of up to 12 months
Do not wait to reach out to our skilled Pennsylvania criminal defense attorneys if you have been charged. Our dedicated legal team is here for you.
What will happen if I receive a second offense DWI in Pennsylvania?
As expected, the consequence of a DWI in Pennsylvania will be worse for a second offense. You can likely expect the following:
- Jail time up to 5 years
- Fines of up to $10,000 plus court fees
- Must attend Pennsylvania Alcohol Safety School
- CRN evaluation by the court
- Minimum of 1 year of ignition interlock installation
- License suspension of up to 18 months
Can I be arrested for a third or subsequent DWI charge in Pennsylvania?
If you do not have a skilled Pennsylvania criminal defense attorney at your side for your third or subsequent DWI offense, you risk facing the following consequences:
- Minimum of 10 days in jail, maximum of 5 years in jail
- Fines up to $10,000 plus court fees
- Attendance of the Pennsylvania Alcohol Safety School
- CRN evaluation
- Minimum of a 1-year ignition interlock device install
- License suspension of 18 months and a license reinstatement fee
Contact our firm today to learn more about how our experienced Pennsylvania attorneys can help you. Do not wait to reach out to discuss the details of your case and come up with a strategy on how to combat these charges and protect your future.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED PENNSYLVANIA FIRM
We understand that going through the legal system alone can be both confusing and highly stressful. That is why it is our job to help you through every step of the process ahead. For years, we have been helping clients throughout Lancaster County and its surrounding areas through a wide range of legal matters, including personal injury cases, criminal defense matters, family law issues, estate planning law matters, and more. If you need legal assistance, we are here to help. Contact Ilkhanoff & Silverstein today.