If you have been involved in a car accident and you wish to pursue legal action, you may benefit from car accident reconstruction. Read on to learn more about car accident reconstruction and how it can help your personal injury case.
What is Accident Reconstruction?
Car accident reconstruction is a technique used to help determine fault when it comes to a car accident lawsuit. This is performed by an expert who may:
- Visit the scene of the accident
- Inspect the damage done to all vehicles
- Review any medical records of injured parties
- Study the police report
- Examine pictures/videos of the accident/scene
- Interview witnesses
- Study debris, point of impact, skid marks, etc
In doing so, he or she may be able to determine a lot of information about an accident, how it occurred, and so on.
Do I Need a Car Accident Reconstruction?
There are many car accident cases, and not all of them will require accident reconstruction. You may benefit from car accident reconstruction in some of the following cases:
- You do not remember how the accident happened
- There are few or no witnesses
- The vehicles are totaled and cannot be repaired
- It is complicated to prove liability
- Victims suffered severe injuries or died
- Pieces of important evidence are missing
How Can Accident Reconstruction Help My Case?
There are a number of important ways accident reconstruction can play a major role in your personal injury case. For example, an expert may be able to help prove fault by determining:
- The vehicle speeds and movements
- The crash scene physics
- The accident sequence of events
- The vehicle positions
- The magnitude of impact
- If those involved were wearing seat belts
- If visibility was an issue and why
- If vehicle lights were used
- Steering angles
- If brakes were used leading up to the crash
- If a vehicle accelerated before collision
- If engine indicator lights went on
- If cruise control was engaged
If you have been involved in a Pennsylvania car accident, contact our firm today. We are here to advocate for you and walk you through the process every step of the way. Do not hesitate to reach out and speak with an experienced and dedicated personal injury attorney.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED PENNSYLVANIA FIRM
We understand that going through the legal system alone can be both confusing and highly stressful. That is why it is our job to help you through every step of the process ahead. For years, we have been helping clients throughout Lancaster County and its surrounding areas through a wide range of legal matters, including personal injury cases, criminal defense matters, family law issues, estate planning law matters, and more. If you need legal assistance, we are here to help. Contact Ilkhanoff & Silverstein today.