York Attorney York Lawyer Attorney Profiles Testimonials Contact Us
Information Center
Family Law
Contested Divorce
Uncontested Divorce
High Net Worth Divorce
Asset Division
Child Custody
Child Support
Court Orders
Grandparents' Rights
Juvenile Dependency
Property Division
PFA (Protection from Abuse Act
Spousal Support/Alimony
Family Law FAQ
Areas We Serve
Contact Us

FacebookTwitterLinked InGoogle Plus

135 N. George Street Suite 223, York, PA 17401
About our firm Click to read our blog Send us an email

York Juvenile Dependency Cases Lawyer

Trust in a Firm with 30+ Years of Legal Experience

Juvenile dependency cases can be some of the most emotional legal issues a family can face. The thought of losing one’s child can be overwhelming to say the least. While social workers may claim to have a child’s best interests in mind, there is always a possibility that removing a child from their parents’ care can have a negative effect.

If child protective services is trying to take your children away from you, it is crucial you contact a York juvenile dependency attorney from Ilkhanoff & Silverstein as soon as possible to protect your right to your children and maximize your chances of keeping your family intact.

Call (717) 563-0681 or schedule an initial consultation today to discuss your case with a skilled legal professional from our firm.

What Is Juvenile Dependency?

Juvenile dependency cases involve the court’s questioning of whether or not a child’s parent or parents are fit to provide care for their children. If the courts have sufficient reason to believe that a child’s safety is in jeopardy under the care of their parents, child protective services may take action and assume custody of a child until a safe home can be found. While a number of different factors will be considered in the courts decision, the child’s best interests are of utmost importance.

A child may be removed from their home by the courts under the following circumstances:

  • There is evidence that the child is being abused or neglected
  • There is evidence of domestic violence
  • The parents have a history of substance abuse
  • The child’s living conditions are unsanitary or otherwise dangerous

If it is deemed that a parent’s level of care is inadequate, the courts may place a child in the care of a relative, foster home, children’s home, or the other parent if the parents are not together. If you should ever be involved in a dispute of this nature, it is vital you retain powerful legal representation to protect your child’s wellbeing and vastly improve your chances of securing a favorable outcome for your situation. Our firm can advocate on your behalf and provide the results-driven representation you need to keep your family together.

Contact a York Family Lawyer Today

At Ilkhanoff & Silverstein, our knowledgeable York family attorneys are prepared to go the distance on your behalf and make every effort to protect your right to your children. We understand the gravity of your situation, and it is our top priority to protect your wellbeing every step of the way during this difficult time. With so much at stake, you cannot afford to go with a less qualified legal team. Let us put our vast legal knowledge to work for you so you can achieve much needed peace of mind.

Contact our firm online today to review your legal options.

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
Ilkhanoff & Silverstein - York Attorney
Located at 135 N. George Street, Suite 223 York, PA 17401. View Map
Phone: (717) 563-0681