York Attorney York Lawyer Attorney Profiles Testimonials Contact Us
Information Center
Family Law
Contested Divorce
Uncontested Divorce
High Net Worth Divorce
Asset Division
Child Custody
Child Support
Court Orders
Grandparents' Rights
Juvenile Dependency
Property Division
PFA (Protection from Abuse Act
Spousal Support/Alimony
Family Law FAQ
Areas We Serve
Contact Us

FacebookTwitterLinked InGoogle Plus

135 N. George Street Suite 223, York, PA 17401
About our firm Click to read our blog Send us an email

York Grandparents' Rights Lawyer

The Grandparent Visitation Act

When parents divorce, grandparents may prevent from visiting the children. Under state law, grandparents can seek partial custody or visitation rights following a divorce, as well as when parent has died, the parents have been separated for six months or longer, or the child resided with the grandparents for 12 months or more before being taken away by the parents.

Partial custody allows a grandparent to visit with a child without the parent's supervision. This can include taking possession of the child for a designated period of time, such as a weekend. These rights are granted based on several factors, including:

  • The child's prior relationship with his or her grandparents
  • If it is in the best interests of the child
  • If the visitation would interfere with parent and child relationships

If a grandparent receives visitation rights only, he or she can only visit with the child under the parent's supervision. Visitation rights are also granted based on what the court believes is in the best interests of the child. If you are a grandparent seeking visitation rights or partial custody of a child, consult a York divorce lawyer to find out about the petition process, and to discuss your legal options.

Grandparents' Rights Attorney in York: Seeking Access to Grandchildren

Ilkhanoff & Silverstein is skilled family law firm that can provide effective legal counsel regarding your child visitation and custody rights. We have over three decades of litigation experience, and give you valuable feedback regarding preparing and filing a petition. Our attorneys can explain the possible outcomes to your case, and what you can expect at the hearing.

We provide professional and caring representation, and will provide whatever legal assistance is needed when seeking the right to visit with your grandchildren. Even if you are located in Lancaster or a surrounding area, our firm is available to help.

Contact a York grandparents' rights lawyer from Ilkhanoff & Silverstein to find out how to file a petition for visitation or partial custody of your grandchildren.

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
Ilkhanoff & Silverstein - York Attorney
Located at 135 N. George Street, Suite 223 York, PA 17401. View Map
Phone: (717) 563-0681