York Attorney York Lawyer Attorney Profiles Testimonials Contact Us
Information Center
Family Law
Contested Divorce
Uncontested Divorce
High Net Worth Divorce
Asset Division
Child Custody
Child Support
Child Support Enforcement
Child Support Modifications
Court Orders
Grandparents' Rights
Juvenile Dependency
Property Division
PFA (Protection from Abuse Act
Spousal Support/Alimony
Family Law FAQ
Areas We Serve
Contact Us

FacebookTwitterLinked InGoogle Plus

135 N. George Street Suite 223, York, PA 17401
About our firm Click to read our blog Send us an email

Child Support Modification in York

Seeking Modification of a Child Support Order?

In the years after divorce, it often occurs that circumstances change and more financial aid is required to raise your children. It can also happen that the parent who is required to pay can no longer afford the payment. Whatever the case, it is necessary to go to court to legally change the court order to protect your rights and the rights of your children.

Verbal agreements are not only hard to achieve, they are also not enforceable by law. With legal representation from a York divorce lawyer, you can seek the modification you want with minimal stress and concern. Our firm has more than 30 years of experience in family law and has helped many clients with their child support issues. We are dedicated to working hard on your behalf to obtain the support you and your family need.

York & Lancaster Divorce Lawyer

The reasons to modify the amount of child support payment in York are generally based on the fact that both parents are responsible for the upbringing and material wellbeing of their children. If the paying parent gets a raise or other increase in income, the custodial parent will often seek an increase in the payment so that the children can enjoy a higher standard of living. Another common reason for an increase is a change in the child's life which requires more money, such as medical treatments.

There are also cases when the paying parent seeks a reduction in payment. If the parent has lost their job or has other circumstances arise which amount to objective reasons they cannot pay, the court will often agree to lessen that parent's financial responsibility. Whatever your position, an experienced attorney from Ilkhanoff & Silverstein can educate you about your rights and responsibilities and will fight aggressively to change the court order according to your needs.

Contact a York divorce attorney today to legally modify a child support order.

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
Ilkhanoff & Silverstein - York Attorney
Located at 135 N. George Street, Suite 223 York, PA 17401. View Map
Phone: (717) 563-0681