York Attorney York Lawyer Attorney Profiles Testimonials Contact Us
Information Center
Family Law
Contested Divorce
Uncontested Divorce
High Net Worth Divorce
Asset Division
Child Custody
Child Custody Enforcement
Child Custody Modifications
Joint Custody
Child Support
Court Orders
Grandparents' Rights
Juvenile Dependency
Property Division
PFA (Protection from Abuse Act
Spousal Support/Alimony
Family Law FAQ
Areas We Serve
Contact Us

FacebookTwitterLinked InGoogle Plus

135 N. George Street Suite 223, York, PA 17401
About our firm Click to read our blog Send us an email

Child Custody Modifications in York

Requesting a Modification to a Child Custody Agreement

Child custody agreements can be modified if circumstances significantly change. This can include:

  • Loss of employment
  • Relocation
  • An changes in work schedule
  • Re-marriage

A York divorce attorney can answer your questions regarding modifications and how to petition the court for a change in custody arrangements. When seeking a modification, having a qualified attorney review your particular situation can be important to the outcome of your petition. Ilkhanoff & Silverstein is a well-known family law firm that has more than three decades of litigation experience. We have helped many clients with divorce cases involving child custody and custody modifications.

Our attorneys are extremely knowledgeable and can give you reliable legal counsel regarding changes to your existing custody agreement. With new laws in the state that have recently been passed regarding child custody, it is more important than ever to have someone working on your behalf that is well-versed in family law issues.

Divorce Lawyer Serving the Residents of Lancaster & York, PA

Child custody involves both legal and physical custody. After custody has been determined, over time there may be a change in circumstances that will require a modification to the original custody agreement. Any changes in custody must be reviewed and approved by the court. The court will agree to a modification if there is a valid reason for the change and if it is in the best interests of the child.

Once the court has received a petition for medication, a hearing will be scheduled to discuss the matter. Unless a modification is being requested due to child endangerment, abuse or similar reasons, the court will want to know that both parents agree to the proposed changes. An attorney from our office can help you and your former spouse come to an agreement regarding custody changes, and provide experienced representation at your hearing. We are well-versed in family law, and can give you the personal and professional help you will need when petitioning for a modification.

Contact a York divorce attorney from our firm to find out how to file a petition for a child custody modification.

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
Ilkhanoff & Silverstein - York Attorney
Located at 135 N. George Street, Suite 223 York, PA 17401. View Map
Phone: (717) 563-0681