York Attorney York Lawyer Attorney Profiles Testimonials Contact Us
Information Center
Family Law
Contested Divorce
Uncontested Divorce
High Net Worth Divorce
Asset Division
Child Custody
Child Custody Enforcement
Child Custody Modifications
Joint Custody
Child Support
Court Orders
Grandparents' Rights
Juvenile Dependency
Property Division
PFA (Protection from Abuse Act
Spousal Support/Alimony
Family Law FAQ
Areas We Serve
Contact Us

FacebookTwitterLinked InGoogle Plus

135 N. George Street Suite 223, York, PA 17401
About our firm Click to read our blog Send us an email

Child Custody Enforcement Lawyer in York

Failing to adhere to the terms of a child custody order issued by the court is a very complex issue. Any parent who fails to do so will be subject to legal action, and could face serious repercussions, including eventually losing physical custody of the children. There are cases in which one parent continuously finds reasons why the children are not available for court-ordered visitations or parenting time. The courts do not look kindly upon parents who are engaged in these activities.

If you feel that your children are unsafe in the care of the other parent, it is vital that you go to court and present your case to modify an existing child custody order rather than violating a court order, whenever possible. In cases of abuse or domestic violence, there are legal actions that must be taken to protect your children on an immediate basis.

At Ilkanoff & Silverstein, our legal team can guide you through the legal process to uphold your parental rights through enforcement actions. The parent who is violating the court order can face legal repercussions that are quite serious, including being charged with civil contempt and facing a 6-month jail term. For the guidance you and your family needs, contact our York divorce lawyers today.

Protecting Your Parental Rights in York

As a parent, you have the right to maintain access to your children, and to be involved in their care and upbringing. There is little sympathy for a parent who is involved in alienating children, or who is continuously interfering with the court-ordered visitation or joint custody orders. Unfortunately, there are some parents who use the children to "punish" the other parent, and may frequently fail to adhere the court-ordered parenting time to take place, or conversely, to come and pick up the children at the time ordered, or show up at all. Frequent violations can be addressed through the courts, and pressure brought to bear to get these issues under control.

Our York child custody lawyer should discuss your case and make a determination about how to proceed. In some cases, the first legal action is enough to end the violations, while in other cases, it will take more pressure. We can assist you and are dedicated advocates for the parents we represent in these urgent matters. Contact us for assistance in child custody enforcements in York.

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
Ilkhanoff & Silverstein - York Attorney
Located at 135 N. George Street, Suite 223 York, PA 17401. View Map
Phone: (717) 563-0681