Bernard Ilkhanoff graduated from Frostburg State University with a B.A.
in Political Science and Spanish (double major) in May 1986. From 1987
to 1991, Mr. Ilkhanoff worked for a major Washington, DC law firm as a
Legal Assistant concentrating in corporate-based Immigration Law. Beginning
his legal education at Temple University School of Law in 1991, Mr. Ilkhanoff
participated in Temple's nationally renowned Trial Advocacy Program,
and served as Associate Editor on the Temple University International
& Comperative Law Journal. He has also been named in Super Lawyers.
Mr. Ilkhanoff completed summer internships as a law clerk with the Honorable
Herbert F. Murray, Senior Judge, United States District Court for the
District of Maryland and as a summer associate with Bethlehem Steel Corporation's
Mr. Ilkhanoff graduated law school in 1994, and was appointed as an Assistant
City Solicitor for the City of Baltimore's Law Department. One of
about 65 attorneys, Mr. Ilkhanoff was assigned to represent the Baltimore
Police Department and it's Police Commissioner involving a myriad
of legal matters including advice and counsel, defense litigation and
administrative prosecutions to name a few. Mr. Ilkhanoff appeared in both
state and federal trial and appellate courts where he established a winning
record. Several of Mr. Ilkhanoff's cases have been reported in the
Maryland appellate courts. Mr. Ilkhanoff is also certified to handle death
penalty cases in which he has completed many courses to qualify.
Mr. Ilkhanoff won the Rising Star award in litigation through Super Lawyers,
and won the 2011 Jeremiah Sullivan Black Barrister Award. He also was
selected as a Susquehanna Valley Select Lawyer for 2014 and 2015 in the
field of Criminal Law. He is licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania
and Maryland, and is a member of the Pennsylvania Association for Justice
and the Maryland Trial Lawyers Association.
Attorney Bernard Ilkhanoff has played various roles in the York County
Bar Association, including:
- President of the York County Bar Association, January 2016
- President - Elect of the York County Bar Association in 2015
- Treasurer of the York County Bar Association in 2014
He is also part of the following:
- York County Bench Bar Association Committee - 2016
- York County Association Nominating Committee - 2016
- York County Association Foundation - Co-Chair - 2016
- Lancaster County Rotary
Attorney Bernard Ilkhanoff has also attended the 2017 House of Delegates Meeting.
On a personal note, Mr. Ilkhanoff is married to his law partner, Paula
S. Silverstein. His interests include sports, traveling, dining and reading.
Recently, Mr. Ilkhanoff attended both the Reptile Continuing Legal Education
conference and York County Bar Association, Bench Bar Conference in which
he took the following courses.
- The Psychology of Inspiration
- The Psychological Effects of Shared...It's Complicated
- Using an IPad in your Practice
- Same Sex Marriage: Impact on Family Law Practice
- York County Civil Courts Update
He is constantly looking for the best possible ways to serve his clients.
He also attended the following courses at the 50th Annual Conference of
County Bar Leaders:
- Leadership: The Magic of Thought
- Your Year (s) in Bar Leadership
- Battles as Adversaries, Not Enemies
- Bring It On (Again)!
- Errant Judges: What's A Lawyer to Do?
- The Magic of Making Disorganization and Inefficiency Disappear